Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Drum roll please.........

And its official - I have restriction!!! I can hear the angels singing, symphonies bashing out an earth shattering chorus, tsunamis in Japan, earthquakes in Nigeria, butterflies rooting in Hawaii!!!

I could tell something was different from the moment I walked out of the doctors office (and not just because I had the average looking middle aged doctor). Things felt a little tight in the chest area and I even felt a little nauseous so of course I had to "try it out" when I got home. I had a little bit of vegie patty (mashed vegies and not much else) and woohoo - I felt that awesome dull, full tightness, not pain or lumpies or stuckness just pleasantly full and satisified after one bite. It was then that the heavens opened up, the angels began to sing, I was moved to tears when I realised this was the feeling I had after the operation and it was back again minus the pain and awfulness of being hacked open. Dinner was the same just a little plate like the early days and then full and satisified.  Damiens chucking a wobbly be back later
 

10 comments:

  1. Yay! Im really happy for you :)

    I recently discovered your blog, and read it from start to finish. It's good to know that even though the lapband journey might not be perfect, there's light at the end of the tunnel.

    Im attending a seminar and hopefully making my 1st appointment to get the ball rolling for surgery.

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good God!! Kristy!! The thought of an undecided punter reading my blog scares the shit out of me! I do tend to only blog the bad things but really, even if I never lose another gram, this has all been worth it and I wouldnt undo it no matter how I rant in this blog. The changes are not just physical but much more importantly psychological and emotional. Good luck girl, keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Kristy - start a blog!
    Shaggs - so glad something's happening at last and you won't be demanding your money back with menaces!
    That "help at last" feeling is good...
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats fantastic girl, I think i need another visit to my doc.. I NEED MORE RESTRICTION!!!!
    Love to know that you're not fully following the rules.. (eating right after a fill).. I do that too.. gotta test the boundaries..
    xx Nene

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOHOO Shaggs. I am so happy for you! You rode out the frustrations and success shall be yours !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Shaggs!

    It's a great feeling isn't it!

    Bel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank bloody god for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work on the restriction! Seemed to have discovered it myself in the last week and have learned what a PB is. Hope you're having a cracker of week.. and the fill is working a fream.

    klm.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That must be some wobbly that kid of yours is chucking!!!! You haven't been able to blog for over a week!! Should you put him in respite care or something so that you can get back here and blog ya slack tart!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHERE ARE YOU?????

    C'mon I need a good laugh.

    Bel

    ReplyDelete

Weight Loss From 27th January 2009